Google AdSense and cookies
Most Google users will have a preferences cookie called ‘PREF’ in their browsers. A browser sends this cookie with requests to Google’s sites. The PREF cookie may store your preferences and other information, how many search results you wish to have shown per page, and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.
Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Ads Preference Manager
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
• See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
• Block third party cookies.
• Block cookies from particular sites.
• Block all cookies from being set.
• Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all.